From the wonderful Annie Fox, author of Cruel’s not Cool.
5 tips for coping with a clique
Here’s what you should know about dealing with nasty classmates:
1. Remember this is NOT your fault. You haven’t done anything to deserve this kind of meanness.
2. You are not alone. Lots of kids have to deal with this every day.
3. Don’t suffer in silence. Talk to someone (preferably an adult at the school and/or your parent).
4. Find at least one friend whom you can trust.
5. Do NOT try to retaliate. Meanness only turns into more meanness.
Been there, done all that.